Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety 2020 Edition (English PDF 4MB) | (Revision Date 2020)
The Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety contains many internet-based resources. The purpose of this webpage is to provide hyperlinks for homeowners interested in improving the earthquake safety of their homes. This webpage is intended to provide a quick reference to such websites and files.
Below are hyperlinks to selected resources on the pages of the Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety.
Publications for Further Reading:
- Earthquake Hazards and Wood Frame Houses, 46 pages, by the Center for Environmental Design, 390 Wurster Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 520-642-02896
- Introduction to Earthquake Retrofitting, 80 pages, by the Building Education Center, 812 Page Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
- International Existing Building Code, by the International Code Council, This Code has requirements for retrofitting existing dwellings in Appendix Chapter 3 and for soft story apartments in Appendix Chapter 4.
- Consumer’s Guide to Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Services, by the Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, 2535 Capitol Oaks Dr. Suite 300, Sacramento, CA 95833, Free Download
- Consumer’s Guide to Hiring an Architect, by California Board of Architectural Examiners, 2420 Del Paso Road, Suite 105, Sacramento, CA 95834, Free Download
- What You Should Know Before You Hire a Contractor, by Contractor’s State License Board, PO Box 26000, Sacramento, CA 95826, Free Download